Wanted AR emblem

Guest violin

Hi there;

Just to give you an idea.

I have been scrounging in various places for an item which is very elusive to me.

I did come across something that may be of interest to all AR-3 owners, not just yourself.

In a local dollar store I found a package of numbers from 0 - 9, $, #, ., , and they are 2 sets of these per $1.00 package from China.

They are 1 5/8" high x 5/8" wide and are gold finished plastic but may just do for a feeling of identity, they certainly look acceptable and may just do until you find an original.

A dab of glue or velcro may just be the cats meow, or not.

A straight pin can also be glued to the back similar to the pin and 3 on orginal AR-3's.

Just a thought for Wednesday.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

>Hi there;

>

>Just to give you an idea.

>

>I have been scrounging in various places for an item which is

>very elusive to me.

>

>I did come across something that may be of interest to all

>AR-3 owners, not just yourself.

>

>In a local dollar store I found a package of numbers from 0 -

>9, $, #, ., , and they are 2 sets of these per $1.00 package

>from China.

>

>They are 1 5/8" high x 5/8" wide and are gold

>finished plastic but may just do for a feeling of identity,

>they certainly look acceptable and may just do until you find

>an original.

>

>A dab of glue or velcro may just be the cats meow, or not.

>

>A straight pin can also be glued to the back similar to the

>pin and 3 on orginal AR-3's.

>

>Just a thought for Wednesday.

I have seen the same thing. House numbers and the like in hardware stores. Sometines in brass. Save some money. It's all about the music. Isn't it?

Hi again;

After seeing a pair of AR logos with a pair of AR-3's number badges go for $66.00 on ebay, I foresee counterfeiting happening here.

There are logos that look like AR's, newly manufactured, and even duplicate speaker criss-cross speaker stands.

What I found most distasteful was the Acoustic Research name was used as the drawing card in the ebay listing heading for the stands.

The word(s), copy of or duplication, was not included, if included in that heading, would have lessened the blow.

I really do not care what is or is not in the write-up, the heading is what draws buyers.

As collector/owners of, AR classic speakers, we must use due diligence in buying original and not counterfeit items.

Archived