Alnico 3a on ebay

There are a pair of unfinished pine 3as on ebay with the "reserve not met" at $81 (as of now). Shipping's a bear, as you'd expect. Looks to me like the woofers may have been "sealed".

If anyone's interested:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=1946786897

Bret

btw - I don't actually advocate any of the stuff I "point-out," I'd just rather a lover had them than some kid with a 45w/channel amp playin' BackBeastie Girls or Psychotic Manson Posse. I can't buy 'em all.

>Boy do I feel your pain. I wouldn't want them listening to that stuff on those either. That's the trouble today. No role models for the kids. Where are the Hendrix's, the Zappa's, the Keith Moon's? It's a shame.<

Hey, Zappa and Hendrix were at least musicians. Zappa was even incredibly talented both as a virtuoso on the guitar and as a technical composer.

Keith Moon, I would argue, was just another drummer who was famous because his name was Moon and because he acted so stupidly. He wasn't even that good, really. In fact, the best thing that happened to live WHO performances was when they picked-up Simon Phillips on drums.

But I don't think I ever thought even great musicians or composers were supposed to be role models. Tchaikovsky as babysitter? Me thinks not.

I was commenting on the emptiness of the music even if all the label- inspired and contrived "artists" are up for sainthood.

Bret

"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read." Groucho Marx

Archived