what sub works well with Dahlquist DQ-10 ?

Guest skarowe

Guest skarowe

I am a new member and relatively new to vintage audio. I've got Dahlquist DQ-10s powered by bridged son of ampzillas using Audior Research Corp SP-9 MKII preamp which has only main outs.

Can anyone give me advice about how to add a sub (or pair of subs) to this system and what subs might fit well with it?

Thanks.

• 11 years later...

I was using the RYthmik L12 servo sub . I highly recomend. Very fair price. for a quality sub. that will produce the lower pipe organ notes and match the output of the DQ10s nice at only half way up on the volume. I was running crossover at 30hz before my domes started sounding bad. I need to replace the domes before I can go back to listening to them I miss them but they do need a sub that can take care of the uner 35hz area the DQ10s eill not reach down to the 20-25hz area and I listen to DVD audio disc that do go down in that areaI do't like over powering bass but i do like to be able to hear the low notesand Rythmik does just that at a fair price.You will need Y connectors to hook the sub up to you mains on the pre amp outs

• 3 years later...

Hi. I please submit my solution. A couple of DQ-10 + a couple Cizek MG-27. Acoustic decoupling via a Chinese shower bubble carpet. Active Crossover CABRE AS-45: frequency 100 Hz. DQ-10 amp: Acoustat Twin200. MG-27 amp:  SAE2600. No regret. Just listening pleasure. System performance acoustically improves with more than 10WRMS applied. Cheers! Alberto

DQ10+MG27.JPG

cizek_subwoofer.jpg