EPI Monitor 2

bigyank

I am getting a pair of these tomorrow. One midrange is supposedly failed and is included in my purchase. I have seen the humanspeakers website and wondered if anyone here has had any experience in dealing with them.

Yank

So I picked them up with a buddy and when we got them back to his house and hooked them up to a 45 watt/ch kenwood integrated, I was actually pleasantly surprised with the sound. The mid which was replaced is not correct in that it is paper vs the lexan but I could not tell the difference tonally.

Grills and badges all there, couple of nicks and scratches, etc. Now I will get the mid fixed and reglue the grill cloth and they will be good to go.

• 8 months later...
Guest driranek

A couple years ago I got a refoam kit for a pair of EPI 70s from Human Speakers. They arrived quick, had decent instructions, fit perfect, and I got 'em installed in about an hour and they worked right the first time. If or when I need anything else for EPIs Human Speakers will be my first choice.

• 5 months later...

Been a while since I visited this thread. I did have a failed midrange and after waiting patiently found a pair on the bay. Just installed them and they work!

Looks like the surrounds are going to fail soon so does anyone have any recommendations as to who to use. Huw seemed pricey IMO. Nothing against his work though. I want to keep the cost down as these are going to be given away for Christmas.

Yank

Archived