EPI 120 2 / 3 3-way speakers

I'm thinking of buying a pair of EPI 120's, and am tring to find out more on them

I read here that EPI was bought by Harman.

The 120's were made in '90 - '92.

Any help would be appreciated.

John

http://www.humanspeakers.com/ has an incredible amount of information on EPI and Genesis speakers.

I haven't spent much time on my EPI and Genesis material because I do not want to duplicate what is already on that website. Once I begin the redesign here however, I will work more carefully to find material not at their place and get it posted here.

Mark

It's hard to find an active board here, since this one is active, so I'll give it a try.

I am restore a KLH 17, I hooked it up to the amplifier, one tweeter had no sound, the other tweeter had real weak, low volume, I pulled out both tweeters, took it to the shop, hooked them up with a audio signal generator, and sweep the audio freq. through it, and both tweeter worked.

I haven't digged into the crossover yet, both woofers work fine, so do you have any idea what the problem may be? Could the crossover components go bad? Bad wires? I've seen bad wire from aging on a old Dual turntable, also, do you have the schematic and component values for the KLH 17?

Thanks for your help.

PS, I have a pair of Genesis 20 in mint condition, the only thing I've done to it is refoaming the woofers (normal for 20 year old speaker), it will be my next project for upgrade.

Archived