Latency...

kkantor

Having a moderated forum is a (perhaps unfortunate) requirement of the modern world. On the other hand, the latency of reply here tends to undermine the momentum of some threads.

Would there be any reason not to have one section dedicated to free-form communciation, so that this community could get to know each other better? And get quick answers from time to time?

Ken Kantor

Intelligent Audio Systems, Inc.

• 4 weeks later...

I whole heartedly agree. Is there really that much spam on these pages? I am on other speaker manufacturers forums and there are a lot of posts through out the day and I think it adds to the community feel of those boards. I would like to suggest a trial period that allows users to post freely without having to wait a day or so for replies. This is a great forum but it feels very blah do to the slowness of it all.

my 2 cents.

Spam wasn't the problem in the past .. personal attacks were. Quite a few people have been asking for unmoderated forums however, so I will give it a shot.

What I will try to setup in a few minutes is requiring new users to get approved, meaning I will sign off on each new user. From that point forward, they can post without moderation.

If I have any problems with this, I will restrict the free posting to one forum per Ken's suggestion so I can more easily monitor it.

Mark

• 1 month later...

Looks like things are going really well with the current setup, so I am going to leave it in place. Most of you already know, but the configuration is set now that every user must first register to post, I approve the application, and the user from then on can post at will without moderation.

I have gotten some emails from people confused how to register. If anyone reading this falls into that category, here's a link:

http://www.arsenal.net/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcb...z=user_register

Mark

Archived