Where is best place to sell older speakers...Allison On...

Guest unclearty

Guest unclearty

I have an old pair of Allison One's..original and in good condition. Mt question is....where can I sell them? They are quite heavy, therefore difficult to ship, and could easily be damaged just by their weight alone. I contacted an old electronics store in Harvard Square in Cambridge, Ma...he was pleasantly surprised when I told him what I had, but his only suggestion was a Want Advertiser publication. Is there a forum on-line to sell these? Thanks

I have an old pair of Allison One's..original and in good condition. Mt question is....where can I sell them? They are quite heavy, therefore difficult to ship, and could easily be damaged just by their weight alone. I contacted an old electronics store in Harvard Square in Cambridge, Ma...he was pleasantly surprised when I told him what I had, but his only suggestion was a Want Advertiser publication. Is there a forum on-line to sell these? Thanks

Have you considered Ebay?

A pair of "Ones" shows up there for sale within a few months. Someone who is serious enough there will pay the shipping, considering a new pair goes for around $4000.

Regards,

Bill

>> Is there a forum on-line to sell these? Thanks<<

You could list them in the for sale/wanted forum on this website. Its at the bottom of the forum index page.

Besides eBay, you might consider listing your Allison One’s on Audiogon. www.audiogon.com. You can list them for sale in an auction on eBay and/or Audiogon - I’ve even seen some sellers list on both sites at the same time. (Last pair of AR 10pi’s from seller in Canada that finally sold last week were listed on both sites). Please understand, I'm not recommending this, I and I'm sure others, get irritated when a sellers pulls an item off eBay in the middle of an auction that they sold through another forum.

What I think is better about Audiogon, compared to an eBay auction, is you can list them for sale in the classifieds with a set price, or set a price with “obo” (or best offer).

You can specify “local pickup only” or "local pickup preferred" in you auction listing or for sale classified on Audiogon. As Bill stated, a serious buyer would be willing to pay for packing materials and shipping costs, and buy shipping insurance.

Audiogon also has a “Blue Book” link if you need help setting a price for your speakers, but unfortunately, you have to pay for it.

There are other forums that have a classifieds section, but eBay and Audiogon, IMHO, have the most traffic.

Hope this helps.

Rich

• 1 year later...

Archived