Larger Advent schematic

dynaco_dan

Hi Pete;

I was just looking at a printout of your great drawing, The New Large Advent schemtic Rev 1.0 8/14/06.

I have now seen this and the Dynaco A-25 drawing, great job, Pete.

Have you also done an original Large Advent or Smaller Advent speaker schematic?

Is there any other speaker schematics that you have posted that I might download, please?

What program did you use to do your drawings, please?

Very professional drawings, very suitable and appropriate for the library, for reference, where it will be easy for everyone to find indefinitely.

As is, this schematic is buried deep in the topic, somewhere.

Thank you again, Pete.

>Hi Pete;

>

>I was just looking at a printout of your great drawing, The

>New Large Advent schemtic Rev 1.0 8/14/06.

>

>I have now seen this and the Dynaco A-25 drawing, great job,

>Pete.

>

>Have you also done an original Large Advent or Smaller Advent

>speaker schematic?

>

>Is there any other speaker schematics that you have posted

>that I might download, please?

>

>What program did you use to do your drawings, please?

>

>Very professional drawings, very suitable and appropriate for

>the library, for reference, where it will be easy for everyone

>to find indefinitely.

>

>As is, this schematic is buried deep in the topic, somewhere.

>

>Thank you again, Pete.

Hi Vern,

I have to say you're welcome and it is nice to see someone who appreciates my sharing this here on the net. I was really surprised at the negative response to I think it was my first Advent thread covering baffle step compensation. If people don't like it, don't use it, LOL! It was free after all, I'm laughing here. I really didn't put a lot of time into it for myself, and spent a lot more time answering questions here. I do appreciate the others who also offered constructive thoughts and thanks. But this is the nutty interenet, and I've gotten used to it over the years, so anyway your thanks is greatly appreciated.

I probably don't even remember all the schematics that I've done. I posted the AR48 at the web page that I did. There is a link here in the AR section. I have AR-2ax's but am not interested enough to measure them and never drew the schematic. I have a start on AR-LST schematics when a few people were interested in some of my ideas but no LSTs have come my way so I put that on hold. These LST schematics have modification ideas that I wanted to offer, but there is such a negative response that I decided to just put them away for now. I also have lots of pencil and paper scribblings, and a lot in another simulator tool that I use, but they're not graphical schematics.

Yes, I have the Large, but I'd like to include all the different inductor information and I've not tested a Rev2 yet, but certainly I'll post what I've got when I get some time, busy weekend here with the family. I also did the 5012, but I only had the crossovers, not a full speaker, I'd like to at least include the driver DC resistances. I have a fairly long list of dead drivers that I'd like to get my hands on, 5012 woofer (round magnet) and tweeter, New Advent woofer and tweeter, and actually quite a few more.

I've not worked on a Small in about 25 years so I don't have reliable data to make a schematic. I'll feel done, when I have all the large revisions up to the Jensen 5002, and it would be nice to have the Small and Advent/1. I'm planning to do a web page covering the Large Advents some time soon, but soon often drags out for 6 months or a year or more, LOL.

I'm looking at Spica TC-50s at the moment. Did you see the web page I did before even hearing a pair. I have a pair now, the page needs to be updated:

http://members.aol.com/basconsultants/sptc50_ovr.htm

and revisting one of my own very old designs.

What I like about the drawing package that I use is that it is so easy to learn, works well, and it is free. It's ExpressPCB:

http://www.expresspcb.com/

It is limited but good for small designs such as these crossovers.

I'm in the process of trying a new site for web pages that I do, and I'll try to get those schematics posted soon.

Thanks again and all the best,

Hi Pete;

Thank you for the informative write-up, as always.

If I may be so bold as to suggest two things, Pete.

I am assuming that the two drawings that I have are accurate with exception to the bypass cap you experimentally added to the drawing of the New Large Advent.

If I am correct, if you would please delete the bypass cap from the circuit and maybe Mark would enter this resultive drawing into the Advent library for future reference.

The original with the bypass should be re-located to a modification library, not a forum to get lost all too easily.

The Dynaco A-25 drawing could maybe be added to a newly created Dynaco library.

The drawings are very pleasing to the eye and should not become buried deep into topics.

Thank you for that link to the Spica article.

Certainly professionally written up and looks great, Pete.

I do not know what your background is, Pete, but you certainly are a great technical writer, always enjoyable reading, Pete, thank you.

Archived