Advent/9's information

Guest deaner33

Guest deaner33

Hi, I'm new to these forums - found my way here from Audio Karma. Anyway, I have a pair of Advent/9's that I got from my father in-law that I am restoring. I've peeled off the vinyl covering and re-foamed the woofers. I hooked them up today and one of the tweeters is blown (I checked it with a Multimeter). I am trying to find a replacement tweeter, but apparently the Avent/9's aren't that common. I've been told that the Advent/4's and the 2002's use the same tweeters. Does anyone know much about Advent/9's (how they sound, were they really that rare?) and where to find a replacement tweeter?

Guest deaner33

Well to answer my own post, I tracked down a tweeter from an Advent/4 online - when it comes in I'll see if it is a match. Still, anyone know anything about Advent/9's? I believe they were made just prior to the association with Jensen and are similar to Advent/4's, but I don't know anything else about them.

• 1 month later...

Hi Dean,

Still looking for an Advent/9 tweeter? I may know where one might be and if it is available you can have it for whatever it costs me + shipping. There was a single Advent/9 at a GW that has been sitting there for months and I think the speaker is around $5.00. Let me know and I'll pick it up if it is still there.

Guest deaner33

>Hi Dean,

>Still looking for an Advent/9 tweeter? I may know where one

>might be and if it is available you can have it for whatever

>it costs me + shipping. There was a single Advent/9 at a GW

>that has been sitting there for months and I think the speaker

>is around $5.00. Let me know and I'll pick it up if it is

>still there.

Hi, thanks for the offer, but I was able to get 2 matching tweeters off of Ebay a while back. You can probably get more than 5 dollars for the single tweeter on Ebay if you do any selling on there. Still interested to know if anyone knows any history on the Advent/9 series.

• 5 months later...
Guest bullwinkel

I have a pair of Advent/9 that I bought new in the late 70's early 80's. Just this week I discovered the detriorating foam arround the speaker and went online to look for a repair method.

They are awsome speakers and have served me very well.

One thing I do remeber from the long gone audio store where I purchased them. They were on closeout at the time and I remember the dealer tellig me that the 9 had only been out for a year. Or something like that,

Archived