Powered Advent

Guest digital_view

Guest digital_view

I am looking for the schematics for a pair of older powered Advent Speakers. They are a 2 way speaker with the orange tweeter. The problem I am having is the speaker goes into protection. The boxes are solid wood about 28 1/2 in high and 14 in wide. ser# ZO 03771. I do not see a model # anywhere. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You, Dale.

>I am looking for the schematics for a pair of older powered

>Advent Speakers. They are a 2 way speaker with the orange

>tweeter. The problem I am having is the speaker goes into

>protection. The boxes are solid wood about 28 1/2 in high and

>14 in wide. ser# ZO 03771. I do not see a model # anywhere.

>Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You, Dale.

Try this link. There's lots of PA info here including the schematic. The Fisher Doctor is a well know repairer of vintage audio electronics.

http://fisherdoctor.com/advents.html

Remember, it's all about the music

Carl

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

• 3 weeks later...
Guest digital_view

We have been working on repairing the woofer channel on the powered advent. We have replaced all outputs, drivers, electrolytic capacitors and have checked most other components. We have got it to the point where using plus and minus DC supplies running at 30 volts manages to setup Q11 C=30V B=1.1V and E= .006V Q12 C=neg30V B=neg1.1V and E=neg.006V {normal biasing, or very close) when increasing suppling voltage beyond 30v toward 40v bias voltages starts to change. At 40 v and -40 Q11- c @ +40v b@ .010v e@ neg .80 Q12 c @ neg 40 @ neg 2.0v e @ neg .90v (tweeter channel ok normal biasing)

Customer brought unit in with complaint of intermittently going into protection. At this point it is no longer intermittent and will not come out of protect.

Q4 and Q8 start to get hot after 30sec - 1min Total current draw through the system when suppling 40 and neg 40 is 350 ma

All tests being done with out control panel or speakers connected. We have got a schematic to work from. We have resoldered pcb and molar connector asy and any wire connections. I have tried swapping glued on driver Q5 which did not change any thing.

Please. can you HELP US, any advise would be greatly appreciated

Yours Truely

Kevin M

Hi Kevin;

Sorry I can't be of any help to you.

I just wanted to say, it was really good of you to supply so much information when you ask a question.

When the technical writers see your topic they wll be better able to assist you now.

Good luck.

Archived