Question on advent tweeters

Guest bob33

I recently got the small advents back out one was missing a tweeter. So i took one out of the large advents tested the ohms on my multimeter it measured 3 i know its supposed to have 4 ohm tweeters. But it doesnt sound bad sounds good i cant tell a difference in sound from the original and the other one. I tested the ohms with the tweeter installed for that whole speaker it read 4.4 ohms. Will i be ok running this tweeter in this speaker? or should i just put it back in the large advent and leave it?. The reciever isnt getting warm so theres nothing there.

I don't think any harm will come from using the tweeter from the large Advent. However, the Smaller Advent tweeters were different from the large units. The magnet assembly is 2.5" square instead of 3". They did this to make the tweeter less efficient to match the less efficient woofers in the Smaller Advent. I don't know if there is any difference in the V.C. windings.

I suspect that any sonic differences would be slight. The highs might be a little more prominent with the large Advent tweeters in the Smaller Advents. But, if it sounds OK to you, I wouldn't worry about it.

Maybe you could use the tweeter you have in the meantime and keep an eye on eBay for a Smaller Advent tweeter.

Doug

Archived