Tom Holman's Powered Advents

Guest cyphatic

Guest cyphatic

Over christmas I was given the opportunity to purchase the creator of THX's pair of Powered Advents from the man himself. I finally got enough time to start restoring them. I have a friend checking out veneers for me, and when I move to NYC in the fall, another friend from fisherdoctor.com will be restoring the amps. The current condition is so-so. A couple decent bits of damage to the cabinet/veneer, a missing tweeter (that might have been taking out cause it was blown by a faulty amp), but at least the bezels/grills are in good shape.

My plan is to return these to concorse condition. I'm going to dig through these forums and the rest of the net, as I'm going to be making a site about the project (and with general information on the powered advents). In all truth, I'm having trouble finding a site dedicated to the Advents, so I might make an earnest attempt to make one myself.

Anyways back to the powered Advents. I'm finding it rather difficult to get original material on these, not to mention their place in Advent's History. Kinda sad since these are the best speakers I've ever heard.

-Blake Hoffmann

>information on the powered advents). In all truth, I'm having

>trouble finding a site dedicated to the Advents, so I might

>make an earnest attempt to make one myself.

Hi Blake,

See:

http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/advent/advent.htm

If you have material to add, I'll gladly add it. I don't receive Advent related submissions very often so there's isn't much there.

Mark

Guest Borus

Hi

I’m in the same spot. Only one of my powered Advent's Amp's work tried to fix what was wrong but I had no luck. Would love to correspond with you about your experience on this project. I do have web space I could contribute. Contact me viva Email

Thanks RC

• 1 month later...
Guest JoelCheck

I'm interested in this as well.

I have a pair of Powered Advents I bought in 1980.

They are pretty much in mint condition except about 5 years ago I noticed the foam starting to rot so I haven't turned them on since. I bought a new foam surround kit, but I'm trying to decide to send out the woofers or buy new ones.

I've been stock pilling tweeters for the last few years and I currenlty have about 6 as backups.

Archived