SCORE!!!

Guest SpruceMoose

Guest SpruceMoose

well, i cant believe it. i was talking to a guy i know through my sons friendship with his son. i was demoing(is that a real word?) my almost-finished double advents and i told him i was looking for a set of advents to make a pair of custom rear surround speakers. he told me that he had a pair of walnut advents from '74. he bought them new. well, now they are mine! mint condition! 50 bucks! for the pair! only now my wife wont let me take them apart for rear channels. they are too perfect. oh well, back to looking for parts. i have enough to make the center rear channel, just havent had the time yet.

sm!

Guest SpruceMoose

yeah, its no too often that you find a woman that will let you buy enough parts to build a complete surround sound system, and also appreciates the beauty and quality of a 25+ year-old set of speakers!

she's a keeper!!!

sm.

btw, the opening THX intro to monsters, inc. is amazing with the advents! MOOOOOO! :) crank it up!

Guest SpruceMoose

well, the new (old) advents are up in the bedroom. WOW!!! amazing sound! i didnt remember how good these things were in a smaller room, with 125 watts of old radio shack reciever pushing them. i had 2 stacked pairs of minimus 7 that sounded very nice at moderate levels, but there is no substitute for cone area! rich, full bass at even low volume.

sm.

Guest SpruceMoose

hey, thanx. thought that one up myself. its like everyone running little bitty engines in their cars, and using forced induction to make them put out some power. gotta have the cubes!

i dont know..... i see/hear all these home theater systems, with their little satellites, and their little, ported subs, and i think: what a candy-ass way to do that. get yourself some real speakers!!!

see my thread about the double advents i am building. amazing sound!

sm.

Archived