Pix of finished Ar-2axs

Guest filedog

Guest filedog

Finally got 'em finished. Bought these at the local repair shop, they had been sitting for many years. Cabs were pretty good, just neglected, they were missing half the drivers and the grills and badges. I ordered grills,cloth and badges from fleabay, cloth was shot, so I recovered them, and refinished the badges. Roy helped me with the drivers I needed and a lot of tips! Recapped, cleaned the pots, repaired and re-doped both woofers. cleaned up the faces and painted them, light sand and 4 coats of tung oil on the cabinets. Resealed all the drivers, and hey presto, they sound great!

post-102647-1191694668.jpg

2820.txt

post-3-1191694668.jpg

Guest filedog

Thanks Joe, fabric is 28 ct Charlescraft "tea" from Michael's craft store. I guess I got some before they darkened this color, it matches perfect. VERY nice fabric (should be, it's imported Irish linen) stiff,

and easy to work with.

Yeah, I kind of surprised myself by how much labor I put in, I just can't resist an underdog though, I needed to save them : ) I got a LOT of help from ROY and all the other posters here, and I couldn't have done it without you!

Archived