I want to give these to someone that will USE them/AR11

Guest bubbas_buddy

Guest bubbas_buddy

Sorry for the huge pic.

These have been sitting wrapped in my garage for years. They are original with original grills. They are in my way and I need to get them out of my way quickly, while I still have a small bit of patience. They are NOT perfect. Some drivers work.

I could take the time to part them out but I haven't held on to them this long to do that. I need someone to take them, someone that will at least utilize some part of them. That is the reason that I have put up with them in my way this long, because I know someone needs them.

They are not for sale. I will not ship the speakers. I may find the time to box and ship parts that are needed by members here. I had rather someone take them in their entirety if they can restore them, if not at least utilize something.

I work 7 days a week, all time of night and day. I don't have a lot of spare time. I have many more pics. They're huge too. :>)

I will only give these speakers to a member with some history here. Utilization, not capitalization is the idea.

buddy

post-100101-1175398922.jpg

>Sorry for the huge pic.

>

>These have been sitting wrapped in my garage for years. They

>are original with original grills. They are in my way and I

>need to get them out of my way quickly, while I still have a

>small bit of patience. They are NOT perfect. Some drivers

>work.

>

>I could take the time to part them out but I haven't held on

>to them this long to do that. I need someone to take them,

>someone that will at least utilize some part of them. That is

>the reason that I have put up with them in my way this long,

>because I know someone needs them.

>

>They are not for sale. I will not ship the speakers. I may

>find the time to box and ship parts that are needed by members

>here. I had rather someone take them in their entirety if they

>can restore them, if not at least utilize something.

>

>I work 7 days a week, all time of night and day. I don't have

>a lot of spare time. I have many more pics. They're huge too.

>:>)

>

>I will only give these speakers to a member with some history

>here. Utilization, not capitalization is the idea.

>

>buddy

I would use them, however no way to pick them up given the distance.

Buddy, if you've still got them, I'm 12 miles west of Jackson, MS and have a buddy working in B'ham tues-fri every day.

I have spare drivers, stuffing, etc. and would be thrilled to have them and absolutely would put them to suitable use.

Bret

Guest bubbas_buddy

Hello Bret. Yes, I still have them and I would love for you to have them. Sorry to the others but although not perfect I think the cabinets are worth salvaging. One has water spots on the top that disappears, if I remember correctly, with furniture oil. The same speaker has about a 1/3 circle black ring. I think with a little work they would look great.

If I remember correctly one woofer, the one with the old mildew, is good. Also the two mids checked ok (maybe it was the two tweeters). The grills are intact and not yet crumbling although one has what looks to be paint. I never tried to remove it although I cleaned the grills a couple of years ago.

I'm about to leave town for a couple of days. I'll e-mail you when I get back. If you respond before I get back I'll send you more pics via e-mail.

It may take a short while but I'll get together with your friend asap.

Thanks for saving them from the dump.

Archived