AR-LST Project

52 minutes ago, meta_noia_fot said:

Is this what you had in mind

Yes, the height is good.  I did not know you had so little wall but you are at a good starting point.  As long as the cabinet is flat against the wall the woofer will see it as as a baffle extension.   Note, you are already so close to the corner you may get a noticeable bass peak. If the right (or left) side of the cabinet is within a woofer diameter of your window wall it will behave as if placed in the corner.   If you don't like the bass, you could probably bring the speaker toward you to the wall break and still have enough wall for the baffle, and maybe get smoother response.  Your ears will tell you.  The gabled ceiling gives the room some good irregular dimensions to minimize room modes.   Looking forward to your report. 

Adams

JIC your interested -- this link to the library copy of the Roy Allison engineering paper, "The Influence of Room Boundaries on Loudspeaker Power Output"   http://www.classicspeakerpages.net/library/allison/other/technical_articles_by_roy_f/

image.png.3a68b8a434ca04c5cbfac6d86098ad57.png

@AadamsMy kid’s nap was extra long today so I got a couple good hours of listening in. I had them in my original position then moved them out from the front wall once I saw your reply. Your placement is much better. They are now greater than a woofer diameter from the wall.

It still feels too early to say after only a couple hours of listening, but these speakers may be the best I’ve ever put in that room. The reflected sound from the front side tweeter and mids makes the whole front wall sound alive. The LST is a really exceptional system. They may just stay in the music room after all. 

I can’t wait to put in some more listening time. I’ll have to a/b them against my -9s if I can place those in the room too without either’s placement affecting the other’s response. I’m also still going to try them in my living room.

Thanks a ton for your advice @Aadams. I’ll definitely check that Allison article out.