small advent woofer vibration

Linedoggy

Hello, I just acquired a pair of the Smaller Advent loudspeakers. Both woofer surrounds have completely deteriorated on both. I played them at very low volume: one sounds good, no vibration, the other makes a vibration sound (but when I gently push the cone in a little, the vibration disappears. Is it possible that by reforming the surrounds, the one that has the vibration sound might be okay? Just wondering.... Thank you.

On 5/19/2024 at 12:29 PM, Linedoggy said:

Hello, I just acquired a pair of the Smaller Advent loudspeakers. Both woofer surrounds have completely deteriorated on both. I played them at very low volume: one sounds good, no vibration, the other makes a vibration sound (but when I gently push the cone in a little, the vibration disappears. Is it possible that by reforming the surrounds, the one that has the vibration sound might be okay? Just wondering.... Thank you.

Yes..it will most likely be fine when re-foamed.

Roy

I think without any surround, laying on their back neither speaker should vibrate like that. If one does it could be something is not ok. Hanging loose like that a voice coil is easily damaged.