Ar 9 upper mid new old stock problem

roundhome

Hello

Just picked up a nos mid for my AR9. but it arrived with the coil poped out and who knows how long it has been like that. I pulled it apart and when you look at the voice coil it is not flat with the face plate. down on one side this will have it sitting in the gsap at a angle now. is there a way to staiten out the ring holding the coil. I was thinking of putting some presure on it for a while and seeing if it will stay flat.

Thanks guys

Jim

Very interesting.

One of the upper mids on my AR90s had exactly the same issue, and the first replacement I received was very obviously the same way and immediately sent back. The second replacement was assembled correctly and works fine.

Originally, I wrote of my experience as a fluke, but your experience suggests otherwise.

I'm wondering if people are finding these factory rejects sitting around and just selling them any way I have another with the voice coil pinched in the gap.

I'm sure there were alot of dealers that had replaced drivers and just had the bad ones sitting around in the replacements box. you did not have to send the AR9 back just pull the bad driver and they would give you a new one.

Archived