AR-3a/LST Midrange repair

Wondering about the utility of rebuilding the midranges of my 3a and LST. In my 3a's, the tweeters were working "fine" but I had them rebuilt on the recommendation of this forum and couldn't believe the difference it made. Just wondering about the midranges since I see that service is available from vintage AR. 10 midranges from a pair of 3a's and LST's would be an investment. Thanks to everyone.

5 hours ago, jnolan5784 said:

Wondering about the utility of rebuilding the midranges of my 3a and LST. In my 3a's, the tweeters were working "fine" but I had them rebuilt on the recommendation of this forum and couldn't believe the difference it made. Just wondering about the midranges since I see that service is available from vintage AR. 10 midranges from a pair of 3a's and LST's would be an investment. Thanks to everyone.

I do that work for Larry/Vintage_AR, and I know for sure the 3a/LST type of mid cannot be rebuilt. Occasionally they can be repaired if they are not functioning properly. Fortunately, they are reliable and don't suffer the same type of degradation as the AR-3 mid, which can be refurbished. The construction of the 3 mid is very different than that of the 3a. You may have seen the AR-3 mid listing.

Roy