AR grill cloth study

Carlspeak

I have recently completed a study of three fabrics that could be considered as replacements for original AR3a grill cloth. There has been posts over the past few years from folks in search of AR grill cloth. The study was an attempt to provide a technical basis in support of the replacement candidates I have been able to locate.

The attached summarizes the results of that study.

Feedback is most welcome.

Remember, it's all about the music

Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

>I have recently completed a study of three fabrics that could

>be considered as replacements for original AR3a grill cloth.

>There has been posts over the past few years from folks in

>search of AR grill cloth. The study was an attempt to provide

>a technical basis in support of the replacement candidates I

>have been able to locate.

>The attached summarizes the results of that study.

>Feedback is most welcome.

>

>

>Remember, it's all about the music

>

>Carl's Custom Loudspeakers

5-19-06

Here's one more 'voter' waiting and wondering about the final verdict and out-come of the mystery of the almost as rare as a 'loin-cloth' in present- day AR grille cloth. So unique were AR products that when they stopped reproducing and their ‘empire’ collapsed, so were lost the loin clothes that covered their private parts, almost as though they were from an ancient civilization-

very “History-Channel”, I know.

I would need enough to cover 4-AR-LST's and enough extra to allow for any 'self-install' mistakes. For me the proposed project would involve making, 4 grill cloth frames first and then attaching the grill cloth. BTW, any one willing to be kind enough to send me a paper pattern out-line or rough sketch or even a photo with exacting measurements of their LST's grills front and one side? I'm lacking frames, grills and cloth, as my LST's were acquired that way thru mysterious means.

Thanks much, Frank Marsi

P.S. Doesn’t any one want to know how I got them, or where they’re from, it’s an interesting story?

Guest Bret

Frank - we're all very curious, but considering the miss america speech and the headgear you choose. . .

We're almost afraid to ask!

Okay, fine. . . I'll bite.

How did you come-by your grill-less LSTs, Frank? Please, the least complicated version you can tell and still get all the facts in.

Bret

Wow! Hey you guys are 'freaking me out’, tag teaming me this way!

I first came across my, that’s right, not yours, mine, 4-LST’s in the street. Yes, that’s right. In the street on a sunny, calm spring day in 1987, or was it ‘88. The month of May was especially beautiful those years, particularity the females I knew then too. A crew of 3 men were taking them out a van and putting 5 of them onto a heavy gauge plastic and metal two shelved dolly on East 29th Street, between Park Ave. South, and Madison Ave. along with a beautiful and portable ‘Revox’ tape deck. As my then almost too young girlfriend and I approached my studio after spending the night together, we were thinking about Dan and Bret and how ‘beautiful’ you guys were to us even back then. I couldn’t believe my eyes!

The LST’s had just been removed from either a museum or a theater or so was I told. One was beat-up, the other 4 looked O.K.

A newly arrived in this country and ‘already had a business going’ guy from Eastern Europe told me he didn’t know what they were, but had heard they were worth something from the place where he removed them, “they had to be expensive” he said.

I proceeded to tell him….

Uhhhhh, I’m tired.

O.K. To be continued tomorrow, same time, same Bat station. I’m getting sleepy.

FM

Disclaimer: Frank Marsi has written this zany and mildly humorous diatribe for ‘friendly’ and particularly for innocent and ‘play-full’ reasons; describing ‘fun’ to and for an enjoyable hobby and public web use. All rights are reserved and copy-right.

Frank Marsi 5-19-06

Yeah thanks DD, it’s frankmarsi@verizon.net

Archived