Another pair of 2ax's

Well, I just got home from picking up another pair of 2ax's. They seem to be an older version of the pair I have as seen in the members pictures section

Probably paid to much but they will pair up nice in a stack with another pair of stray 4x's I have running around. Bought them off the son of the original owner.

Did the early 2ax's only have the square AR logo badge in the corner? The one is missing and on the other grill there are tiny white grill cloth matching staples in the grill. Are these original? Still trying to expand my limited AR knowledge.

post-101227-1147229377.jpg

post-3-1147229377.jpg

First regarding the emblem. Yes prior to using the rectangular emblems the AR-2a and AR-2ax used the square one inch emblem with the letter a in the other corner. I have reproduction square emblems with velcro backing on the brass plate that I have available. They stick to the grill cloth and can be pulled off to reposition with damage to the cloth. Can't help you with the letter "a".

Early AR-2's used small white staples (as did my 1967 AR-4x's) to hold the grill cloth frame to the cabinet. Later production runs used glue and no staples.

>

>Probably paid to much >

No you didn't

>Did the early 2ax's only have the square AR logo badge in the

>corner? The one is missing and on the other grill there are

>tiny white grill cloth matching staples in the grill. Are

>these original? Still trying to expand my limited AR

>knowledge.

>

>Yes the staples are correct for this circa 1966-1967 AR-2ax.

The badge is correct for all pre 1970 AR-2ax's. You need to try and locate another and two brass "a" pins.

A smart addition to your collection !!

Hi There;

Perhaps a visit to your local, The Home Depot, might produce a brass "A".

Mind you, I have only seen the 3" & 4" high solid brass letters.

Perhaps their supplier has smaller ones, or a drafting aids store may sell them as well.

An excellent choice of speakers, James, they will give you many, many years of pleasure, plus, no foam rot.

Good luck.

Archived