Midwest tweeter 0.1mH coil connection for LST

Earthnz

The finish line is in sight with my LST's, but there is one last obstacle I need some guidance with... 

I have installed Midwest tweeters, recapped with 2uf capacitors and I've brought the 0.1mH coils, but I am a little confused exactly how to connect these coils up to the tweeters... Could someone guide me on this last task.... As far as I understand, I'll only need to hook up 2 coils per cabinet... One coil for 2 tweeters, but this is where I get confused. Do I connect to the positive of one tweeter and then connect to the negative of the other tweeter that is in parallel?? Or do I just simply connect one coil to one tweeter per pair?? 

Thanks in advance. Your advice is hugely appreciated.

The reason for using a parallel coil or smaller value cap when replacing the original 3/4" AR tweeter is to compensate for the extended midrange response of the modern type of tweeter. Since you have attempted to do so by replacing the LST's original 6uf cap with a 2uf cap, there is likely no need to use the coils at all. Try it, as is, and see how it sounds.

Roy

9 minutes ago, Earthnz said:

Thanks for the reply Roy. They sound nice as is so I will leave them alone.

Good to know, Earthnz. The MW tweeter is a very faithful reproduction of the AR-11 tweeter, which was used with a similar capacitance value when installed as a service replacement for earlier models.

Roy