Crash-Test Loudspeaker

Guest linedrive

Guest denmarkdrivers

thats funny, its such an old advertizement they probally used real speakers inside the boxes as well

I just noticed somethingelse, the boxes falling are upsidedown, compared to the ones still standing, right side up.

retro stuff is great!! i love the human hand

I believe they wouldn’t have used ‘real’ speakers in those boxes for the simple reason as there was no need to! If noticed the boxes are ‘up-side-down' as may indicate a way of keeping the top lids down during the many tries of photographing the ad to achieve precisely what effect they crew was looking for. Also observe the human hand is in a motion of apparent speed to knock over the boxes with merely a light hand motion, further indicating a 'light-touch' had been used. Had it been a 'strong' and 'forceful' hand and arm motion, more of the arm and body would be showing and visible.

Frank Marsi

Guest denmarkdrivers

well i agree im just thinking they were closer to that way of thinking back then , the human hand is just great !

Guest denmarkdrivers

yeah, that doesnt suprize me 2 much AR made some of the best gear known, i have a dual 1229Q turntable . reminds me a little of the AR turntables but it was duals top model.

The ARs used nice wood as well, im sure that adds some pounds

Guest denmarkdrivers

I have lugged around so much audio equipment its not funny, adventually i sifted through it and kept the best of what i had. Still have a small collection but i parted with some of it.

Archived