A pair of M50's for me

samberger0357

I loved EPI speakers growing up in the Boston area in the 60's/70's. I had a pair of 100's, and friends and family had other models, but I distinctly remember the brand being very popular. Unfortunately you don't see them around much on the West Coast, so it was to my nice surprise when a pair of M50's became available for a few bucks a few miles from my home. I checked them out, everything seemed in good order, and made them mine.

Connected to my McIntosh MC2105 they sound wonderful, and fill the room. The previous owner only had them a few months, and he got them in a flea market so no idea of the history. For now at least, all I've done is clean up the cabs with some Liquid Gold and played good tunes through them.

35-AFA4-EB-0-F9-D-4587-BEC6-6-A81-CEFCE8

40-D1-C77-C-D0-F8-4107-9-E25-0-DBC7-FA8-

2 hours ago, Jeff_C said:

I don't know much about the M50, but couldn't help noticing the Jim Rogers JR149, with foam speaker cover in wonderful condition.

Good notice! Didn’t know about this speaker a few months ago until I got interested in maybe getting a pair of LS3/5A’s and somebody suggested the 149’s as a lower cost, better sounding variant. Magically a pair showed up for sale restored shortly after and I took a chance. And I’m happy I did. Wonderful speaker that provides room filling sound.  Very musical. Those are reproduced foam grills btw. Got them from a 149 enthusiast in the UK.