Ar2ax tweeter poor sound quality

Thall

Need help with a rebuild on a 2ax . After replacing pots and caps the sound quality of my tweeter sounds really muted and underpowered. If I take the speaker leads directly to the tweeter post it sounds great. I understand that is not the proper way to operate. This is my first time doing this type of work and I'm at a loss for what to do next.

20220928_071642.jpg

20221015_094950.jpg

Your connections appear correct including the resistor on the pot and your tweeter appears healthy.   The tweeter in the 2ax only operates above 5000hz through the crossover, above the range of any fundamental music note.  The midrange unit begins at around 1500Hz and parallels the tweeter above 5k until it reaches its natural upper roll off.  Are you sure what you are hearing is a tweeter problem and not a weak mid ouput?

Aadams

1 hour ago, Thall said:

After replacing pots and caps the sound quality of my tweeter sounds really muted and underpowered.

You could bypass the resistor on the lpad.  You will get more tweeter output within the correct tweeter band.  If you are still hearing muted output it is the mid.

On review I noticed you don't have a resistor on the mid lpad.  I am pretty sure this would create an imbalance as well.  You should have a resistor on each lpad to be very close to the original pot performance.  Without resistors the drivers are a bit shouty and do not respond as intended when adjusted as opposed to 16 ohm pots.