Welcome!

administrator

Welcome to the Classic Speaker Pages, and more specifically, the Acoustic Research forum! I hope this forum (and the ones to follow) will help users who have been coming to my website for the past couple years. As I have very little time to commit towards answering questions, I hope users will be able to help each other.

Have fun!

Mark

• 5 months later...

Hi folks what a neat site,I have been into AR,s for over 23 yrs now.The first set I listened to was a friends dads AR3a's.They were powered with a old crown 40watt amp.The horns and strings sounded so real that I traded in my jbl's on a set of AR11 in 1977.I had those for11 years (had the woofers reconed).Powered by a crown 150a and later yamamha natural sound amp.They were lost in a storage fire,I still have one of the brass AR11 tags I recovered.I replaced them with a 1995(demo) set of 303's in 96.They sound good but I always liked the 11's.My album collection was lost too now all I have is replacement cd's.After reading things in this site I am glad I opted for the time to replace my 11's with 303's since none are to be had now.The warranty runs out on them in 2001.If they blow I will for sure have them fixed.Once again cool site...............Gary Everett

• 9 years later...

Archived