Ar3 issues

Mcintoshkid

The woofer surround Masonite ring was partially loose from the basket. I removed the entire ring from the basket and reattached it with house hold goop. Both surrounds were dry and covered with dried dope particulates. I took a soft paint brush and a vacuum and gently cleaned the surrounds and drivers and then gave them a coat of vintage Ar dope I got on ebay woofers pass the three finger test and sound much better they would just pop out when pushed in. So woofers are good. One speeker has intermittent midrange cut out. I think maybe a bad connection. Maybe a driver issue 🤔.  It pops on when I turn the volume up. I don't think its the pot. I'm going to crack it open and see if it's a bad connection or the driver.

On 3/27/2022 at 10:29 PM, Mcintoshkid said:

The woofer surround Masonite ring was partially loose from the basket. I removed the entire ring from the basket and reattached it with house hold goop. Both surrounds were dry and covered with dried dope particulates. I took a soft paint brush and a vacuum and gently cleaned the surrounds and drivers and then gave them a coat of vintage Ar dope I got on ebay woofers pass the three finger test and sound much better they would just pop out when pushed in. So woofers are good. One speeker has intermittent midrange cut out. I think maybe a bad connection. Maybe a driver issue 🤔.  It pops on when I turn the volume up. I don't think its the pot. I'm going to crack it open and see if it's a bad connection or the driver.

Just responded to your PM

Roy