ar 3a tweeter

cotascope

>just perchased a pair of ar3a speakers off ebay. will replace

>the foam surrounds but one of the tweeters is pushed in, he

>says the tweeter is still working, what effect would it do and

>is there a way i can get the dent out or does someone have a

>spare for sale. thanks john cota

Hi John;

Great model to pick up at a fair price today.

First of all don't do anything with the tweeter as yet.

There should be no attempt to remove the dent unless you have a complete replacement tweeter on hand.

The dispersion will be off if it functions at all.

Generally there is no way to repair your issue if it has failed, except to replace the tweeter.

There will be others along shortly with more advice, for sure.

Good luck with these classics.

>>just perchased a pair of ar3a speakers off ebay. will

>replace

>>the foam surrounds but one of the tweeters is pushed in, he

>>says the tweeter is still working, what effect would it do

>and

>>is there a way i can get the dent out or does someone have a

>>spare for sale. thanks john cota

>

>

>Hi John;

>

>Search for anything with my mention of tweeters and you'll see me and even more information from others in response.

Contact AB-Tech and spring for 2 new tweeters, you'll be glad you did.

Typically these old tweeters are AR's weak point and you'll save yourself some grief when you replace them, besides with the new replacements you'll realize a better high end capablity. AR's tweeters have the response latitude, but seem to fall short in the actual amount of high frequency energy output.

It seems to me that many new comers (and old comers)in the vintage field have forgotten the meaningful fact of 'program-material'quality. In the early '70s that expresion and reality were key in understanding the nature of a speakers response over-all. If it's not in the program source, it's not gonna come out of the speaker. In the early 70's I searched so desperately to find well recorded music on vinyl to allow my speakers to reproduce it, and show-off their talents. AR had the capability to do so, just that most recordings out there didn't allow it as records were typically deficent. In any event you'll give your speakers the benefit of the doubt by having newer, more extented range tweeters in the first place, and they won't burn-out at high volumes like the originals did.

Frank Marsi

>

Guest dogmeninreno

>just perchased a pair of ar3a speakers off ebay. will replace

>the foam surrounds but one of the tweeters is pushed in, he

>says the tweeter is still working, what effect would it do and

>is there a way i can get the dent out or does someone have a

>spare for sale. thanks john cota

Hello John...Good to see you are still active!! Wet the dome with water lightly thinned with dish soap. Let stand about 1/2 hr or so then (it may sound funny) but try sucking the dome carefully..9 times out of 10, The dent usually comes right out..I have several 3a tweets if you need one. $38.00 ea plus shipping..They are front wired..Dale

Archived