AR-11 midrange speakers wanted

Earthnz

At the moment there is a couple of AR10 / 11 mid's in Italy, they are expensive, but they are certainly OK.

https://www.kijiji.it/annunci/audio-tv-e-video/varese-annunci-cardano-al-campo/acoustic-research-ar10-ar11-midrange/153956572

This one is less expensive (maybe it is possible to have a couple)The name in the ad is wrong!

https://www.ebay.it/itm/123757382857?hash=item1cd083ccc9:g:bssAAOSwnQFcz05b

11 hours ago, Giorgio AR said:

At the moment there is a couple of AR10 / 11 mid's in Italy, they are expensive, but they are certainly OK.

https://www.kijiji.it/annunci/audio-tv-e-video/varese-annunci-cardano-al-campo/acoustic-research-ar10-ar11-midrange/153956572

This one is less expensive (maybe it is possible to have a couple)The name in the ad is wrong!

https://www.ebay.it/itm/123757382857?hash=item1cd083ccc9:g:bssAAOSwnQFcz05b

Cheers for the reply Giorgio 👍👌I've seen those ones in Italy for sale. Exchange rates and shipping would make them almost 3 times more expensive than what I paid for both speakers... Wife would not be happy! And that other link doesn't post outside of Europe by the looks of it. 

The hunt goes on. I'm sure something will turn up eventually. 

9 hours ago, Earthnz said:

other link doesn't post outside of Europe by the looks of it.

Earthnz, if these mid. they are not for international shipping, I can send a message to the seller and ask if he sells me 2 mid.

3 hours ago, Giorgio AR said:

Earthnz, if these mid. they are not for international shipping, I can send a message to the seller and ask if he sells me 2 mid.

Wow Giorgio, very kind of you to offer me this kind gesture 👍👌 I have gotten in touch with the seller asking if he is willing to post to New Zealand. Hopefully I get some good news back 🙏 if I don't, I may take you up on your offer. 

Thank you again 🍻

44 minutes ago, Earthnz said:

I have gotten in touch with the seller asking if he is willing to post to New Zealand

Try asking if the seller is willing to sell the mids. outside the auction. If shipped as valueless second-hand items, there will likely be no additional customs fees and taxes!

Being under $1000nzd in value there won't be any custom fees or taxes on this end if I understand our import laws. Ill see what total price he comes back with the postage added on. The budget for restoring these AR-11s is quickly disappearing and I havnt even started researching capacitors yet. Will be worth it in the end Im sure. 

IMG_20210630_103457.jpg

Are you sure that the midranges are not working, you have checked the resistance values with a multimeter (better if you remove the midranges, check directly on the contacts, sometimes there may be problems before the speakers).

I haven't a multimeter yet but will be buying one in the coming weeks. 

One of the midranges starts to distort and lose volume once the volume goes past 3. It's only a 40watt amp so it's not being pushed hard at all. I swapped the midranges over and it still distorted so it's definitely a semi blown speaker. 

I've been contacted via the Facebook AR group page by a guy saying he has a number of AR LST midranges available. They use the same midrange as the AR-11 yes?? 

Thanks again for all your help Giorgio. Champion! 

AR10 / 11 mid's have surely ferrofluid, AR LST and AR3a no, maybe the latest examples of the mid's AR3a could be improved with ferrofluid ... let's see answers on this question from other forumers.