AR-3a Improved Brown Speaker Grills?

Guest fanthology

Guest fanthology

Does anyone know if the AR-3a Improved speaker grills came in brown as well as the standard off white? I just won a brown pair off Ebay recently, replacing my original "whites" that were showing there age. These are in like new condition, and I would like to know if they are original or not. They also came with the AR-3a Improved name plates which are close to mint condition.

BTW....are the 3a Improved speakers some what rare? As I have only seen 1 or 2 pairs, including the ones that I own, offered on Ebay in the past several months. I understand that they were made for the UK/European market. Is this correct? Any info concerning these wonderful sounding AR's would be welcome!

Steve D.

Guest fanthology

Thanks for the tip, I'm new to the forum and haven't read alot of the posts. The info was right under my nose...LOL!! If anyone has a nice pair of Improved 3a's for sale, I'd be interested in picking up another pair to complete my Quad setup. Any offers?

Steve D.

Hi, Steve

Is it possible you can remove the woofer and take few close up pictures of the crossover to post on the AR Forum so we can learn a little bit about this rare AR-3a Improved model to see what crossover components are involved in the design.

Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Minh Luong

Archived