AR3 VS AR3A tweeter

stan461

Without any other changes, can you swap an AR3a tweeter for a AR3 or visa versa?

If you were hell bent on doing this, then what must be done to the croosover to accomplish this?

What would be the sound differences ?

Thank for any response(s).

>Without any other changes, can you swap an AR3a tweeter for a

>AR3 or visa versa?

>

>If you were hell bent on doing this, then what must be done to

>the croosover to accomplish this?

>

>What would be the sound differences ?

>

>Thank for any response(s).

>

>

Nope. You could more easily put an AR-3a tweeter in an AR-3 than the other way around. The AR-3 1-3/8-inch tweeter definitely will not work satisfactorily in the AR-3a -- period. The 3/4-inch tweeter goes lower than the 1-3/8-inch AR-3 unit, so the 3/4-inch could be used in an AR-3 to some degree. It would "work," of course, but the speaker's spectral balance would be upset in either event regardless of what you did to the crossover. This might not matter that much unless you have another speaker on the other channel that has the stock drivers and crossover.

That probably didn't help you that much, but there is not much else that can be said about doing what you want to do. Which speaker do you have, and AR-3 or an AR-3a?

--Tom Tyson

I have the AR3a's.

Its just something I wanted to try ,not a necessity.

I feel the AR3a is a little harsh on the top end when pushed a little.

My curiosity about the AR3 will probably lead me to purchase a pair when the right situation comes along.

Thanks Tom.

Archived