AR book ?

Andy

Anyone heard of motions being made towards the writing of a book about Acoustic research ? It sure would be nice to have a historical reference in print form. AR played such an important role the birth of hi-fi. The complete story would be in order, Villchur, Kloss, Hofmann, Low, etc. It really is suprising that this has not been done, there seems to be a book out on every subject and product but no AR?

Until this book is assembed, The classic speaker Pages is THE place learn, with hundreds of pages of info.

>Anyone heard of motions being made towards the writing of a

>book about Acoustic research ? It sure would be nice to have

>a historical reference in print form. AR played such an

>important role the birth of hi-fi. The complete story would be

>in order, Villchur, Kloss, Hofmann, Low, etc. It really is

>suprising that this has not been done, there seems to be a

>book out on every subject and product but no AR?

>Until this book is assembed, The classic speaker Pages is THE

>place learn, with hundreds of pages of info.

Andy,

You are exactly right that AR played a very important role in the development of hi-fi sound as we know it today, and I do plan to write a book on the history of AR and its contributions to high-fidelity sound. It's a rich history! I have a lot of the information I need, but the only missing ingredient is the "time" in which to do it. I hopefully plan to begin this book project sometime this year; and with the help of forum members and my friends at AR, perhaps this could be a reality withing the next year or two. In the meantime, of course, the The Classic Speaker Pages continues to be the best source of AR information and discussion.

Surprisingly, there aren't too many books on the history of speaker companies. A recent book was published on Paul Klipsch, and some other publications similar to that, but not too many exist to my knowledge.

--Tom Tyson

Tom -

I have a copy of "High Fidelity Audio/Video Systems - A Critical Guide For Owners" by Howard Ferstler (1991). There's a significant amount of AR-related material, including several photos attributed to Thomas D. Tyson - did you have a hand in writing this book?

>Tom -

>I have a copy of "High Fidelity Audio/Video Systems - A

>Critical Guide For Owners" by Howard Ferstler (1991). There's

>a significant amount of AR-related material, including several

>photos attributed to Thomas D. Tyson - did you have a hand in

>writing this book?

I proof-read several chapters and provided illustrations and pictures, but I didn't have a hand in writing the book.

--Tom Tyson

Archived