Scan-dyna speakers

NikkiE

I have been given a pair of Scan-Dyna speakers and I am trying to get some information on them.  I have not found anything on the internet apart from Dynaco A25s etc

The cabinets measure 450 x 300 x 750.  Enclosed are 2 x 10 inch woofers, a 61/2 inch midrange and 2 tweeters and vents.

I would like to know model No. ,max watts and ohms as well as any other info.

They are a beautiful speaker and sound really good and are of the Scandyna/Dynaco family.

Speaker1.jpg

speaker2.jpg

• 4 months later...

I, too, have a pair of Scan-Dyna speakers that were given to me. If it weren't for the fact that they came in their beat-up original boxes, I'd have had no idea what they are. However, the boxes identify them as A20's. The cabinets measure 25cm x 25cm x 43cm. I have been unable to find any information on them, though I did find a spec sheet on the Scan-Dyna A25. I replaced the ancient Jensen 12uF electrolytic cap in each crossover with a metalized polypropylene cap, but I have not yet run them long enough to really be sure I have the cap fully limbered up. Oddly, these speakers have integral speaker wires (the originals); there are no connectors on the backs.  

1 IMG_0291.jpg

IMG_3384.jpg

IMG_3385.jpg

IMG_3493.jpg

IMG_3590_144770.jpg

Scan-DynaA-25variant1974.jpg

IMG_3517.jpg

IMG_3518.jpg

IMG_3519.jpg

IMG_3520.jpg

Edited by Radfordguy
Added cabinet dimensions & more images

• 2 months later...
On 2/20/2021 at 4:53 AM, Radfordguy said:

I, too, have a pair of Scan-Dyna speakers that were given to me. If it weren't for the fact that they came in their beat-up original boxes, I'd have had no idea what they are. However, the boxes identify them as A20's. The cabinets measure 25cm x 25cm x 43cm. I have been unable to find any information on them, though I did find a spec sheet on the Scan-Dyna A25. I replaced the ancient Jensen 12uF electrolytic cap in each crossover with a metalized polypropylene cap, but I have not yet run them long enough to really be sure I have the cap fully limbered up. Oddly, these speakers have integral speaker wires (the originals); there are no connectors on the backs.  

Here are some specs for yours, ~'75 as well.

The wire tail in lieu of banana jacks was pretty typical of European built speakers for the European market at the time.

A20.jpg

Many thanks for that spec sheet.

This is the first time I have seen a positive identification for my speakers.

Pretty much what I assumed but nice to know for sure.  Not too many in Australia, no one that has seen them has identified them correctly.

• 3 weeks later...