Have you heard DVD-Audio on AR9's?

Guest LOVEAR

The best sounding music I have ever heard. AR9's as mains, a 92 for a center channel, and 18's for surrounds. Truly amazing! Anything I disliked about CD's is absent. In Surround or 2 channel stereo, you have to try it.

Guest dogmeninreno

>The best sounding music I have ever heard. AR9's as mains, a

>92 for a center channel, and 18's for surrounds. Truly

>amazing! Anything I disliked about CD's is absent. In

>Surround or 2 channel stereo, you have to try it.

Yes, I have AR9's for my mains in my HT system driven by 2 Adcom GFA 555 II's. Amazing!!! I am vertical biamping at about 300 watts per channel. The only problem I run up on is sometimes the amps will clip with the incredible dymnamic range that the DVD's have to offer. Dale

What brand/model DVD player are you using and what audio DVD did you listen to?

Before going to SACD I would like to try an Audio DVD in my current DVD player. Its a Pioneer DVD-C503.

I would upgrade to a SACD or a better DVD Audio player but it seems as it did with the video cassette versus the Sony beta, that the standard format for the next 10+ years has not been determined yet.

The cassette lasted about 20 years. The CD has been going strong about 18 years. Its ironic but the 33 1/3 LP is going 40+ years and there still is quite the debate whether the SACD or LP actually sounds better!

I am still amazed that the vast majority of CDs sound so harsh and yet when you get a real good one its a revelation.

Stan,

I am using an NAD DVD-533. DVD-A and SACD might not last, but the DVD players aren't too expensive. On the other hand, the music selection is poor. The DVD-A of ELP's Brain Salad Surgery, "Still You Turn Me On" sounds unbelievable. I have found that after listening to hundreds of regular CD's, most sounding terrible, that "Honkey Cat" be Elton John sounds particularly good.

Archived