Sealed Speaker Design

xpat

I thought the forum members may find this excerpt interesting.  I pulled it from the Stereophile Magazine (Feb 2020).  The speaker being discussed  is the Magico M2 - a speaker currently selling for $56K !     

sealed speaker design.pdf

On 1/23/2020 at 11:20 PM, xpat said:

I thought the forum members may find this excerpt interesting.  I pulled it from the Stereophile Magazine (Feb 2020).  The speaker being discussed  is the Magico M2 - a speaker currently selling for $56K !     

sealed speaker design.pdf 775.12 kB · 14 downloads

What did Yogi say?? “Deja VU all over again?”

AR was so far ahead of the curve.

and affordable to boot.

Bill

I agree AR was way ahead of the curve - and at reasonable prices!   Another case in point is my original AR XA Turntable.   It has been in storage for approximately 20 years.  I just finished cleaning the platter and tonearm bearings and wells.  Then re-lubricated.   Played some vinyl and was taken back how good the turntable sounds.  It's almost on par with my "high end" turntable that cost 25 times more.   It surely was a golden age for stereo when the AR classics were produced.