AR5 restoration and thanks

Voodoodave

This is my first post after lurking for a long time. This site has been a valuable resource for a few projects I’ve had and the 3A restoration guide has been my go-to many times. The community as a whole has been great but I want to specifically mention chris1this1 and JKent. Chris just rebuilt the tweeters on my AR5s and they sound amazing! I will post pics once I finish some light cabinet refreshing. As many have already said, he does great work and he had the patience to put up with all of my questions! Kent has been a great resource from the beginning, does excellent work and has answered countless AR and KLH questions.  I also want to mention Larry from Vintage AR. The quality of his products, and quick shipping, have been appreciated. He also answered many questions for me! 

Happy Holidays! 

• 2 weeks later...

Just completed my restore of some AR5's as well. Been a long time coming on these. When I bought them ($20 by the way) i pulled off the front screens and the woofer cones came falling out! After A LOT of work, these beauties are singing again! I hope you enjoy yours as much as I am enjoying mine. 

Tweeters rebuilt

Pots restored

New caps

New screen cloth

New badges

And a lot of patience and elbow grease!

20200104_145246.jpg

20200104_145306.jpg