AR 12 inch woofers 200003-1

teknofossil

Hello all. I just completed replacing some surrounds that were incorrect types installed by a previous owner (5/8" roll, over sized surround used, by cutting out a section). My question is about the replaced dust cap(s). These are of the felted (porous) type that allows air passage. Since the AR voice coil formers are the vented type, should the the dust caps be sealed? It has been my experience they should. Thoughts?

-Tom

On 11/4/2019 at 4:23 PM, teknofossil said:

Hello all. I just completed replacing some surrounds that were incorrect types installed by a previous owner (5/8" roll, over sized surround used, by cutting out a section). My question is about the replaced dust cap(s). These are of the felted (porous) type that allows air passage. Since the AR voice coil formers are the vented type, should the the dust caps be sealed? It has been my experience they should. Thoughts?

-Tom

I think you're OK with felt... some places only have certain sizes. So screen or felt works OK....