AR-LSTs from 15 feet away, see video.

frankmarsi

AR-LSTs from 15 feet away and to listener's right side, not sitting dead-on facing speakers.

Very low cost $59.dollar fone was used and although the built-in microphone is decent for what it is, it's certainly not substantial enough for making recordings of professional quality. Just the same, we've come across A-O.K.

P.S.  Many thanks to forum member Adriano for the inspiration in the posting of this video.

P.S II  Not only is it not easy being me, it not easy dealing with over 7000 vinyl disks strewn about everywhere, though the rewards of using clean vinyl are more than sublime.

P.S.III  Situation details: This was the actual first day that I was 'breaking-in' this "Micro-Benz" "Gull-Wing" phono cartridge after purchase in early March. This video is the actual third hour of use, and as I was so very much impressed, I had to record the experience.  With-in the 40 hours of the makers break-in recommendation, its sound stayed consistently the same with only the bass getting slightly tighter. Over-all the best cartridge purchase I've made besides a Delos. I've thrown almost everything at it, rock, jazz, and classical and it comes out glowingly each time. Clean older disks have a quietness to them that actually is quieter than the Delos which is one of the quietest in its class, more correctly, in any class, do the research.

My AR-LST speakers have more than welcomed the new addition of the Gull-Wing as even they've opened up their superlative sound to new levels. And as I've mentioned in other posts,  the AR-LST's ability to put forth whatever's applied to them is quite impressive. The LST's are very transparent to the 'source' which is a 'Hi-Fi' aficionado's ultimate goal and it has always been my goal since I've been involved in this hobby for half a century and learned how to listen through out the years

In so many words, between the Lyra Delos and the Gull-Wing cartridges with the LST's being last in the chain of sound, there's no obstructed flow of sound from the disk's groove to the speaker's output which I do and anyone else would find extremely pleasing.  I'm certain that I've reached that goal, finally!    

I must add that all ancillaries such as better interconnects and the proper setting-up of the cartridge, tonearm and table are paramount before any signal reaches the speakers. As is being indicated by the peak VU meters the amplifiers are only out-putting about 105 to 150 watts RMS to each of the four AR-LST's in this video and this is a moderate level as these amps are capable of 700 WPC.  Up to full output would simply blow out these vintage speakers and certainly any others. Then again, they have  handled even more power as Julian Hirsch said in his findings and test-report.

FM

'Pal-O-Mine', thanks for stopping by.

Actually, I like going through each yellow bag that I'm forced to keep them in as it's just like plowing through disks at a record store. Even more fun is I never know what I'll come across in that pile.

Yellow bags indicate Ultrasonic cleaned disks while those in white bags mean that they're un-washed. Since for the past year or so,  mostly  jazz records occupy to most accessible yellow bags so, it works out. Lower shelves are newer releases of rock. Keep in mind that you're only seeing a fraction of what is actually in the room. There's also 3-400 CDs and a couple of boxes full of cassettes from the 1980s that haven't received any use in years since, additionally there's section of 10 &1/2 inch tapes.  So, it can be said that I've gotten 'carried-away' with this hobby in the 50 years of membership.

CD's are only played while doing domestic chores as I don't pay any attention to them being a devout vinyl person. 106 views of this post in 5 hours may be a new record for me. Or as "ZZ-Top" said; "I'm nation wide".

I'm enjoying playing the system more than ever before as the use of this excellent sounding and very special MC cartridge is rather addictive. It's so rewarding that the LST's follow through magnificently and together both form a perfect symmetry and musical performance that sounds virtually live.

FM

Video came down due to a uploading mishap and other than your receptiveness, there wasn't any participation, so no point.

I'm wondering if 'administrator' will come in and help?

Apparently capacity of uploads is full and I can't upload other files, in addition I cannot delete what's there to add new files, and the same thing happened in my other post. What originally started as fun has tragically ended.