Forum category for New England electronics ?

Andy

Any others have an interest in a Classic Speaker Pages forum category of electronics made by New Englands finest makers ? Many of these units were designed by and made to be used with the speakers which are discussed in these speaker forums. KLH, AR, Advent, Scott to mention a few. The rare stuff would make for good forum material....such as the monster Amplifier by Epicure - circa 1972. I just think it ties in with the speaker history and could be very interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Guest daveshel

This could be useful to facilitate the discussion of electronics, but I don't think that New England represents the most useful common denominator.

OK, my ulterior motive for holding this position is that I want to talk Dynaco. Somebody other than me is buying about all that ebay has to sell and I want to talk with them about things that can be done.

>This could be useful to facilitate the discussion of

>electronics, but I don't think that New England represents the

>most useful common denominator.

>

>OK, my ulterior motive for holding this position is that I

>want to talk Dynaco. Somebody other than me is buying about

>all that ebay has to sell and I want to talk with them about

>things that can be done.

Hi there;

Dynaco. MMMMMMMMM

http://home.indy.net/~gregdunn/dynaco

I've visited there numerous times regarding mostly all Dynaco equipment sold.

Not complete but very well designed.

Mostly but not all similar to a Dynaco spec sheet.

A little history and other notes.

Not a discussion group or actively updated as I see it.

Would definitely compliment this site if, and only if, there was topics of discussions as there is here.

I can see many tips, tricks and techniques coming out of the woodwork regarding servicing of older Dynaco equipment.

I have picked up some Dynaco equipment off ebay that I am interested in.

If someone else has another site to view please come forward and suggest it.

I do believe that a totally Dynaco site would be highly viewed and supported.

For Mark to create such an option, would, I'm sure, be a lot of work.

I have a database that I created from The Audio Amateur magazine, etc, of modifications for several Dynaco pieces to name but one brand.

Unfortunately, I don't think because of copyright laws, that we can copy those drawings or writings to this site.

Dynaco PAS pre-amps alone had oodles of mods, as did the Pat-4, etc, etc..

If enough support is given to Mark, maybe something can be started in the near future.

Thank you Mark for all that you have done thus far.

A great idea which I will support in any way that I can.

Have a great Christmas and all the very best in 2006 everyone.

Guest daveshel

Greg Dunn is not very active re updating the Unofficial Dynaco Home Page. There are some dead links. I recently sent him an email offering some help with site maintenance, but have not heard back from him.

Some of the copyrighted mods have probably entered the public domain (as of January 1, 2006, anything published before January 1, 1978, and not subsequently renewed, is public domain). And if, for example, Frank Van Alstine, is no longer deriving any income from a past mod (he no longer sells the PAT4 modification), maybe he would be willing to donate it to an archive, since it would serve to promote his current product.

But regardless, I see a need for this kind of discussion, here or elsewhere.

Archived