AR-5 advice needed

ReggaeBen

Interesting comments guys, they come much appreciated.  Lakecat, seems like the 12 is well suited to your tastes and is also a gem in the AR line, if a pair comes my way I'll have to give them a go...no seriously, I just can't help myself wanting to add to my growing collection!?

When time allows I'm going to separate the cone from the basket and inspect the VC, but my findings were that it was a rough patch (like corrosion) on the pole that was the cause, so I'll be on the look out for a woofer, or pair, in case it isn't fixable.

Keep ya'll posted

Ben 

Funnily enough, just spotted these in the For Sale/Wanted section.

Date code reads 7422, would these be the AR5 woofer in disguise, with sticker ID for 2ax?

On 12/1/2018 at 6:54 AM, ReggaeBen said:

Date code reads 7422, would these be the AR5 woofer in disguise, with sticker ID for 2ax?

Those appear to be the ones.  They are original, not service replacements. They should drop in and work correctly without any mods. 

Adams

Thanks for the clarification, Adams.  Glad to have the been given the sound information from the CSP regarding these particular 10" woofers for my restoration.

Kind Regards 

Ben 

Archived