Crossover Potentiometers revisited

Dchristie

Hi Guys, this may have been answered somewhere already and if so, I apologize for bringing it up again. I am restoring a pair of AR 2ax speakers and of course the potentiometers are corroded beyond use ( even after cleaning) so I am going to purchase new ones. I know that new 16 ohm potentiometers are  out there but not plentiful and rather expensive so I am thinking of following Roy's suggestion to just use 8 ohm level controls shunted with a 25 ohm resistor. However , just noticed Larry at the Vintage AR store ( eBay) also lists pots that are listed as direct replacements for the originals and also listed as better than the originals. These look like a good alternative to the 8 ohm level/resistor shunt control but I am just looking to see if any one has any experience with Larry's level controls? All the parts that I have purchased from the AR store have always been good quality so these may be a real option and the price is certainly reasonable all things considered. Just have not seen them mentioned in any of the Forum discussions.

Archived