Ar9LS Mid-Tweet needed badly...any help??

Guest thompaulas

Guest thompaulas

Got my speakers recently re-coned,and after rebuiling everything,realized one of my tweeters was blown.The way I understand it,is it's really a problem to put a new tweeter in,without ruining the mid;and the mids are unavailable..Help

Guest Brian_D

Hello Thom,

The AR9Ls speaker is a bit new for this forum, but I'm sure someone here will be able to help you more than I, however...

Layne Audio has an original pair of these available, selling only as a pair and he wants $169 each... http://www.speakersupply.com/AR.htm

If you're not willing to pony up $338 for three drivers you don't need, I wouldn't blame you! Layne also offers reconing for the tweeter, at $159. There is also an aftermarket replacement, but an adaptor plate is required and if you're going that route, you could probably find better mid/tweets than these coupled units.

I'm sure you've checked the normal places for these drivers, and short of one showing up on ebay or something, I'm afraid there's just no "OEM" replacement for this driver array.

Good luck!

Guest Nigel

Hi Thom;

The same mid/tweet was used in the 98LS and 78LS, it may be worth picking these up for spare parts, within the last few months a pair of 78LS went for a rather low price on ebay.....

• 2 years later...

Archived