AR-XB Turntable Problem

ninohernes

I bought an AR-XB turntable, and it got damaged durring shipping. The left channel dosent work. I checked all of the connections inside with my multimeter, and they are fine. The bad connection is inside the tonearm, but I dont know how to get inside it to fix the connection. The bad connection is not in the headshell, but in the tonearm, where it meets the headshell. Is there anyone here who can fix this?

Guest dogmeninreno

>I bought an AR-XB turntable, and it got damaged durring

>shipping. The left channel dosent work. I checked all of the

>connections inside with my multimeter, and they are fine. The

>bad connection is inside the tonearm, but I dont know how to

>get inside it to fix the connection. The bad connection is not

>in the headshell, but in the tonearm, where it meets the

>headshell. Is there anyone here who can fix this?

I have a XB but it is in storage. My XA is here and looking at the tonearm I would assume that you would have to remove unsolder the wires to the terminals for the RCA connectors then attach a string to the wire ends (so that you will be able to repull the wires thru the tonearm) and gently pull the wires out of the arm at the cartrige end until you find the problem. This is an unusual problem. Are you sure that the cartrige is good? I'm sure you tried switching the RCA L&R connections to the preamp? The XB may be different and if you need, I will bring it to the shop and give you exact details if someone else here does not have any suggestions. Dale in Reno.....

Guest dogmeninreno

>I found someone who can fix it. It will be tough, because the

>only way to access the other end of the tonearm is to remove

>the plastic end, which is glued in.

Joe, I can fix it but you would have to remove the tonearm and send it to me in Reno Nv. It is a little delicate but can be done. Dale

Guest dogmeninreno

>I sent the table to Joel, at the Turntable Factory

>http://www.theturntablefactory.com/. He assured me that he

>could fix it, as long as he can get the plastic end off

>without damaging it. It is glued in, and takes some carefull

>work to remove, once he gets it removed, he is going to

>install premuim tonearm interconnect.

Great, I have no idea what "premimum tonearm interconnect" is but hope all turns out well? It is a real great table...Dale Let us know OK?

Archived