AR's 50th

ninohernes

>Anyone doing anything?

August 10th, 2004 (8/10/54 incorporated) is the official 50th anniversary. October 2004 was for all practical purposes the beginning, since it was the month of the New York Audio Show in which the AR-1 was introduced to the public. This is also the month used by AR for the big-splash 40th Birthday Party in Grand Central Terminal, NYC. That was a *major* production, and would be literally impossible to approach in scale without major corporate money, and there is not enough planning time left to do something like that anyway. The PR company used to pull that off took nearly a year to put everything together.

It would be nice to put something small-scale together, but I don't think any planning has occurred. I wonder how many people would be willing to pack up some of their AR speakers and other AR items and drive several-hundred miles to where ever a meeting place could be established? If there was a big show of hands, it would be worth pursuing for sure. It would be great if Audiovox would do something, but I think they are more interested at this moment in using the AR name on wide-screen TVs.

--Tom Tyson

>It would be great if Audiovox would do something, but I think they are more interested at this moment in using the AR name on wide-screen TVs.<

So, ask 'em. They aren't hard to reach.

As for packing-up and coming to a thing. . . I think that sounds like really great fun. It takes me two full days in the car to get to Boston. I'd hate to drive four days for a few hours worth of BAS meeting.

But I could make it to Florida more easily and, gee, it's a lot nicer in FL in October (for a southern boy) than it is in Boston.

Do you suppose there would be any point in showing Audiovox what AR used to sound like?

Bret

I think it would be better to have our celebration in the summer, insted of the fall, because the Audio Engineering Society convention is in October, and Mr. Kantor usualy attends (although I dident see him at this years show, but I know that he was there). Also, I will be starting college in September.

Archived