Just back from CES.

kkantor

Very busy show for me, but I did get a chance to pop into the Audiovox booth very briefly. AR was prominently displayed, but the only products shown were a mix of smaller, lifestyle stuff done over the last couple of years. Based on some conversations with Audiovox folks, I would call plans for the brand "still open."

Can you tell us a little more detail when you talked to Audiovox folks? I really want to know the future of AR. i haven't heard anything since Audiovox bought AR from Recoton. I want to know what is going on like when AR new line of speaker is going to be released. Thank you :)

Sorry, I can't give you any useful information about specific new product introductions. That you will need to find out directly from the Audiovox folks themselves. I spoke briefly with some of the company principals, but said hi some "old-timer" (Norwood/Canton era) people who have apparently been brought in as reps and sales support. I don't think a new product plan has been fully formulated yet.

If all they bought is the brand name, I can't see what difference it would make. Unless there is continuity of design philosophy and a holdover of at least some of the people who influenced the way the products are designed, it's just another name. About the only benefit would be if they continue to support repair of older models.

Archived