WooferRepair Kit / AR90

Guest roregan

Guest roregan

Has anyone used the kits being sold on the web by WooferRepair? I'm trying to get an foam repair kit for my AR90s and have had no luck contacting Layne (other posts seem to indicate that Layne is MIA).

I would appreciate any suggestions of a reliable source of such a kit. Other suggestions about how to effect a repair/restoration of these speakers are also welcome. Does anyone know of a NYC-area shop or technician who does good work?

I think that all that I need is a refoam -- they've never been overdriven or, for that matter, even moved in the 20-odd years since I brought them home.

Guest dogmeninreno

>Has anyone used the kits being sold on the web by

>WooferRepair? I'm trying to get an foam repair kit for my

>AR90s and have had no luck contacting Layne (other posts seem

>to indicate that Layne is MIA).

>

>I would appreciate any suggestions of a reliable source of

>such a kit. Other suggestions about how to effect a

>repair/restoration of these speakers are also welcome. Does

>anyone know of a NYC-area shop or technician who does good

>work?

>

>I think that all that I need is a refoam -- they've never been

>overdriven or, for that matter, even moved in the 20-odd years

>since I brought them home.

Regarding surrounds for your replacement, I have used The McPeak Sound Co. They also sell on eBay as MSound. Quality product, excellent instruction manual and they send all the brushes, shims and glue including replacment dust caps! I can't find any contact info but will keep looking. Dale in Reno.....

Guest roregan

For anyone following this thread for the same info the contact is:

Millersound Labs, 1422 Taylor Road, Lansdale, PA 19446,

Phone 215-412-7700,

Fax 215-412-0542

email millerspkr@aol.com

• 2 weeks later...

I've personally used the surround repair kits from

www. simplyspeakers.com

and had excellent results. I called their 800 number, told the gentleman what I had, he knew immediately what I needed and had an exact price within moments, including shipping.

Guest russwollman

If you call Steve at 615-298-4124 soon after he opens, which is 11:00 AM central time, you'll likely reach him there. Late in the afternoon his line is tied up. His phone number as above is posted on the Layne Audio website. Emails sent through free email services like Yahoo, etc., don't get through his spam filter, as the text on his site declares.

Layne Audio is definitely IN operation, but it is a small business run almost entirely by one man, who has his hands full.

Archived