Restoring my first set of AR speakers

Hey guys. I recently purchased my first set of AR speakers the Ar-2ax. They could use some restoration work. I have several sets of KLH and advent speakers so I am familiar with restoring acoustic suspension speakers. But I have a few questions about the 2ax that I was hoping you guys could help me with. First off, the set I have appears to have 2 different woofers. Well I think they are actually the same, but it appears that one has been re-coned. I was wondering is there anyone out there that has a spare they would be willing to sell for cheap? I want them to be as original as possible. Secondly, one of the leads coming from one of the tweeters is broken and it barely makes contact in the brass post on the front baffle. Is there a way I can fix this? Or is there someone out there who would be able to fix it? It works but it's actually two pieces of the wire tied together to make it long enough. And last of all, I have read here on this forum that if I use L-pads to replace the potentiometers I would need to place a resistor somewhere. I'm just not sure where exactly. Can someone help me with that? Thanks for any help ?

post-124036-0-68411700-1401752434_thumb.

post-124036-0-91203100-1401752447_thumb.

post-124036-0-07158900-1401752467_thumb.

Archived