Are Denmark A25s all wood? Refinishing?

Tighelander

• 3 weeks later...

Don't use anything that adds color to Dynaco surfaces. They have beautiful wood and should not be darkened or you'll lose some of the beauty of the grain. They are not solid wood. They are walnut veneered. I would recommend lightly sanding with 150 grit sand paper, always staying with the grain. Then do the same with 320 grit sand paper. Lightly. Then use 0000 steel wool or an equivalent to apply Howards Orange Oil. No waxy stuff. The wipe clean with an old sock or shirt. They'll look beautiful.

Hi there

Absolutely do not use steel wool if the drivers are still mounted in the enclosure due to their powerful magnets.

Cheesecloth is also usable in rubbing the finish.

The veneer is only about the thickness of 10 sheets of printer paper, if that.

Use a brick size block of wood for sandpaper backing to lessen the chance of digging into the surface and removing too much veneer, OOPS.

I went back to Home Depot several times until I got the lightest refinisher. It came out okay. The good parts look much better, the bad parts look a little worse. Had I to do it over again, I would have dabbed a little bit of sealer on scratches and dents. These soaked up more of the refinisher and came out looking darker than the undamaged wood.

post-123818-0-31763600-1356346137_thumb.

post-123818-0-46203700-1356346139_thumb.

• 11 months later...

Archived