AR-25 Value?

I have a vintage pair of AR-25s that are sitting in their original box in my attic. I used them daily up until about 4 years ago and they still sound great. I'm thinking about posting them on eBay, but have no idea of their value. Any help from this forum?

Guest dogmeninreno

>I have a vintage pair of AR-25s that are sitting in their

>original box in my attic. I used them daily up until about 4

>years ago and they still sound great. I'm thinking about

>posting them on eBay, but have no idea of their value. Any

>help from this forum?

Well, I see that the original retail is reported on this site to be $240.00. They have appeared on eBay but not to often. They seem to be a 2 way speaker Mfg between 1979 and 1982. I would be intrested to purchase if their condition is real nice. dald@sbcglobal.net Regards, Dale in Reno.....

The AR-25 was one of AR's "orphan" anniversary models. The model no. was derived from the fact that it came out in 1979--25 years after AR's founding, hence the "25" model designation. It was not part of a specific family of models.

It was essentially a re-badged AR-15, an 8" 2-way with a 1" dome tweeter. The 25 was a perfectly respectable speaker.

BTW, the other orphan anniversary model was the AR-30, which came out in 1984 (30 years after the founding of the company). This was kind of a strange situation, since the 30 was really two speakers, a 10" 2-way bookshelf, AND a 10" 2-way floorstander. Two different speakers, same model no. Truly confused marketing.

Steve F.

Archived