How to position the Dynaco A-25

grendel

Now that I finaly have received my Scandyna A-25X speakers, I was wondering on the thoughts on this forum on how to position these babies for optimal performance. I have decided not to place them on a bookshelf. So stands would be a posibility. What seems to the best type of stands, heights, etc? I hope there are some interesting thoughts that can help me. By the way, the speakers sound wonderful, good vintage sound, just perfect for a vinyllover like me, LOL!

Thanx in advance.

Now that I finaly have received my Scandyna A-25X speakers, I was wondering on the thoughts on this forum on how to position these babies for optimal performance. I have decided not to place them on a bookshelf. So stands would be a posibility. What seems to the best type of stands, heights, etc? I hope there are some interesting thoughts that can help me. By the way, the speakers sound wonderful, good vintage sound, just perfect for a vinyllover like me, LOL!

Thanx in advance.

Hi there

Generally speaking, the tweeter or midrange drivers are at about ear height when you are sitting down.

The woofer is on the bottom with the cabinet in an upright position.

The tweeter control is set anywhere from middle to maximum, personnal preferance here.

Toe the cabinet towards you.

The cabinets can be level but some folks like to cant them back slightly for perceived time alignment improvement.

The closer they are to two walls, the more exagerated the bass and increased support of tweeter dispersion.

A 1 amp fast blow fuse would be suggested for each speaker cabinet, connecting either wire.

In the old days they would likely be on a suitable shelf just facing forward, with no elevation, toeing or canting even mentioned..

Dynaco supplied hanging brackets to wall mount their speakers, bad choice on a wall that is hollow and can resonate.

You can use concrete building blocks, stacked, but maybe this will get you a divorce.

Archived